Friday, August 26, 2011

Raedawn

I'm so happy it's Friday! Today I am featuring another etsian, Raedawn

1. Why and/or how did you get interested in making your products?
I started doing art when I was a little girl, mostly drawing, and then when I was a bit older painting. I always loved art. I always knew I wanted to be an artist. I also loved to crack rocks open, an activity that I link to my later love of making jewelry. I went to Virginia Commonwealth University and earned a BFA in painting. Since then I have show all over the U.S., as far as Oregon and New Mexico and as close as Massachusetts and New York.

2. What is the favorite piece you have made and why?
My favorite piece so far is a tryptich, "Linking to the Three Worlds." I love it because when I did it I felt most connected to the spiritual realm and to myself. My most recent favorite is a colored pencil drawing, "Last Day at the Beach." And my favorite necklace is the Goddess necklace.


Here are some examples of her unique work:




This one absolutely fascinates me and this is what she has to say about it: "Shamans transverse the worlds, bringing back healing and other resources for their communities. They not only pass back and forth between the worlds, but they help to connect them, so that their communities are familiar with the lower world (a place of objective healing resources, such as herbs), the middle world (ordinary reality, Earth), the upper world (a place of energetic healing and knowledge). This assemblage symbolically reflects this process."



This one is sold, but I love all the colors and details!



This is what she has to say about this necklace, "The Goddess reaches up in joy, toward a turquoise sky, which is set off by the quiet inner fire of the copper."

4. Do you do craft shows?
I used to do lots of craft fairs, but since my illness, Fibromyalgia, has gotten worse, I can no longer do them. This was one of the factors in my coming to Etsy.

This is what she has to say about her work:
In my work I strive to stay connected to both the spiritual realm and to the world of people. Both are of utmost importance to me. I believe I was given a gift, and a part of that gift was to share it with others.

I too beleive she was giving a gift and love all the different mediums she works in.

If you'd like to see more of her gorgeous work, stop by her etsy shop Raedawn
You can also keep track of what she is up to by following her blog: www.dreamsandechoes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment