Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pics Petals Scents

Just in case you forgot, this week is Buy Michigan Week, so I am featuring Michigan Artists all week. Todays artist is Pics Petals Scents

1. How did you get interested in making your products?

I have always loved crafting, ever since I was little I have always made some sort of craft. I started doing what I am now because I got laid off from my job after 12 years and I also become a grandma. Since I was home I became her sole babysitter to my grandaughter and now I do not want to leave her so I want ed to from home . I started with my love of photography and my husband made frames for my pictures. They were slow sellers so I decided to try something that people use more often. I love candles, but not just plain ordinary candles. I started with underwater gel candles & drink candles, then food candles and kept experimenting with more until I got the variety I have today. I love trying and adding new things. I now have added wax teddy bears, aroma beads, soap and more. Eventually I want to add soft soap, hand sanitizers, lotion, bubble bath, spray air fresheners and bubble bath. I also do some woodcrafts and flower arrangements.

2 Do you make/design the product or do other people help you?
I do everything myself. I do not sleep much.
Maybe we should all stop by her shop and make sure she doesn't get any sleep this month!

3. What is the favorite piece you have made and why?

That is tough to choose one. I will have to go with what I call my “scentalicious” candles. I like them because they are different, I have fun decorating them, they look and smell good just sitting in the room, and they burn nice too.



Aren't these adorable?


Here are a couple of her other favorites:


Do you do craft shows? If so what shows will you be doing in the next few months?

Yes I do craft shows 1-3 times a month. I have put on 2 myself and I have 2 more I have planned for this year. The next one is in Beaverton in 3 weeks. I also have West Branch, Houghton Lake, Dearborn Heights, Freeland, Bay City, Caseville, Westland and Beaverton again. I still have to schedule a few more In there.

6. If there is anything else you would like the readers to know, let me know

I aim to please the customers. I am open to any new ideas for improvements or additional products. I can make custom orders or get any fragrance someone would like that I do not have. I have recently been asked for chocolate covered cherries, pizza, pine and bacon and wow the bacon and pizza really smell like the real thing. If they would like a special candle with someone’s name on the label I can do that or anything else they may be wanting. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean I cannot do it. I also love to throw in free samples with every order. I love what I do and I love to give!


If you'd like to come and meet her in person, stop by one of these shows:
August 13 -14
The Victorian Art Fair West Branch
Irons Park
West Branch, MI 48661
Event Website: www.victorianartfair.com/ Event Contact: fourthst@giftsandgallery.com
989-345-3856

Saturday August 20
Beaverton Bowling Alley
3325 M 18
Beaverton, MI
10am – 4 pm
Contact Marcy
Marcy0725@yahoo.com
989-435-9479

Sept 2- 3
Clare Quilt, crafts & flea market
10885 N Leaton Rd
Clare, MI 48617
Event Contact: John Henry Yoder
989-386-2872

Sept 10
Apple Country Art & Craft Show
7475 S. River Rd - I-75 to I-675
Freeland, MI 48623
Contact: Jaye Reisinger
jayealan@tm.net
989-239-1820

Saturday Sept 17
St Mels Church
Inkster Road
Dearborn Heights,
stmelscraftfair@yahoo.com
313-274-0864.

Saturday Nov 5
9 am – 3 pm
St Anne’s Church
M-30
Beaverton MI
Contact: Anne Stube

And don't forget to stop by her lovely etsy shop
Pics Petals Scents

1 comment: